Forewarned is Forearmed.
A Property Survey by a Chartered Surveyor before exchange of contracts will put your mind at rest as it will highlight any serious problems before you fully commit to your purchase.
If I instruct you to carry out a survey, what happens next?
1. We make arrangements with the estate agent or vendor to carry out our inspection of the property you have agreed to buy.
2. We will write to you to confirm instructions and the date of our appointment.
3. Antony Edwards will inspect the property according to the level of survey you have purchased.
4. We will report to you. In the Report we:
• highlight matters of concern
• put these matters into context and advise you on what steps to take next (although this is not included in the Home Condition Report)
• recommend further investigation where necessary (for example a full drainage test if a blockage is found; or if we see live woodworm infestation, whether there is a guarantee for woodworm treatment).
5. We will telephone you if possible to explain the main findings.
Normally clients then pass our Report containing these enquiries to their Legal Adviser (we can e-mail it directly to them if you wish) in order that they can raise further enquiries if appropriate.
See our Range of Survey Types
For more information, please telephone us on Hereford (01432) 298629, or email email@example.com . We would be pleased to discuss the various options with you.